06/05/2016 10:40 AM
Logan Hatley Pitches 9th at Genna Stadium
Day two of the West Coast League season featured history in Bend, Oregon. At Vince Genna Stadium, right-hander Kris Jackson of Chemeketa CC and southpaw Logan Hatley of Linn-Benton CC combined on the Elks first WCL no-hitter in club history vs. long-time rvial Corvallis. Jackson tossed eight innings, walked two and struck out 6 while Hatley closed things out by striking out the side as Bend evened the series with a 6-0 win.
The combined no-no was the ninth no-hitter tossed in the West Coast League. The previous eight are detailed below:
* Clayton Mortensen (Gonzaga) and Quinn LeSage (Campbell) of the Wenatchee AppleSox combined on a no-hitter vs. Kelowna, the first no-no thrown in the WCL, on July 27, 2005 at Elks Stadium. Wenatchee won 11-2. Mortensen pitched 6.1 innings and gave up two earned runs (walked 4, struck out 5). LeSage pitched 2.2 innings.
* DJ Lidyard (Lower Columbia College) of the Wenatchee AppleSox tossed a no-hitter vs. Moses Lake at Larson Playfield on July 19, 2006. Wenatchee won 2-0.
* Nathan Pickett (Cal State LA) of the Kelowna Falcons threw a 5-inning no-hitter on August 8, 2008 at Elks Stadium vs. Moses Lake. Kelowna won 6-0 (game shortened due to rain).
* Tommy Elrod (Sacramento State) and Colton Farrar (Texas Tech) of the Kelowna Falcons combined to toss a no-hitter vs. Moses Lake at Larson Playfield on June 12, 2009. Kelowna won 1-0. Elrod pitched 7 innings (walked 5, struck out 6) and Farrar 2 innings.
* Richie Mascheri (Western Illinois) of the Kitsap BlueJackets threw an 8-inning no-hitter vs. Bend on June 18, 2011 at Kitsap County Fairgrounds. Kitsap won 3-0 (the game was shortened due to rain).
* Greg Mahle (UC Santa Barbara) of the Corvallis Knights tossed a no-hitter vs. Cowlitz at Goss Stadium on August 3, 2012. Corvallis won 14-0.
* Spenser Watkins (Western Oregon) of the Kitsap BlueJackets tossed a perfect game, the first and only WCL perfect game thrown in league history, vs. Victoria at Kitsap County Fairgrounds on July 26, 2013. Kitsap won 2-0.
* Kyle Molnar (incoming frosh, UCLA) of the Walla Walla Sweets twirled a no-hitter vs. Kitsap at Kitsap County Fairgrounds on Monday, July 27, 2015. Walla Walla won 2-0.
ABOUT THE WEST COAST LEAGUE
The West Coast League is the premier summer collegiate baseball league west of the Mississippi. The 12-year-old, 11-team, professionally operated wood-bat league located in the beautiful Pacific Northwest features pro prospects from major conferences across the nation and an unparalleled history out west of great fan and player experiences in addition to the best summer weather in North America. In 2015, 59 players with WCL experience were selected in the MLB June draft, and more than 200 WCL alums appeared in affiliated professional baseball including 25 in the major leagues, such as home-run leader Chris Davis (Baltimore), NL Rookie of the Year runner-up Matt Duffy (San Francisco) and rising star pitchers Matt Andriese (Tampa Bay) and Josh Osich (San Francisco). Overall member attendance exceeded 400,000 in 2015. The 2016 54-game campaign opens tonight.